Did you know that the third week of September is observed as National Flower Week? Whether snipped and organized into a fresh bouquet, planted and potted or used as an accessory, there are many creative ways to incorporate flowers into your life and plenty of reasons why you should.
DID YOU KNOW?Flowers make for fabulous décor.
Whether fresh or dried, you can coordinate your way. Even better, you can change your décor seasonally. Think outside of the box – or vase, in this case – try finding unexpected ways and places to decorate with flowers. On a shelf, entwined in a chandelier – the possibilities are endless.Flowers can boost your mood and spark creativity. Studies show
that fresh flowers can help tame anxiety and depression and even boost creativity and concentration. Great hose plants to de-stress your home include aloe, English ivy, jade, rubber tree, snake plant, bamboo palm, philodendron and spider plants.Flowers have wonderful scents.
Dried petals also make a pretty and aromatic potpourri and can be added to homemade soaps and lotions.TIPS AND TRICKS FOR FLOWER CARE AND DESIGN:
• Closed buds won't open? Try quickly putting them in warm water, then cold water.
• Water orchid with an ice cube – it's the perfect amount of hydration for this specific plant.
• Stems keep slipping in a shallow vase? Try creating a grid with transparent tape to keep them in place.
• Don't have a favorite vase? Try a tea cup or desert bowl.
• Dry flowers by hanging them upside down in a cool space.